Missing And Murdered Indigenous Women Shirt

 

Not a teacher but I work in child Missing And Murdered Indigenous Women Shirt safety. So many teachers and schools are insisting on kids being at desks, wearing non-pajamas, and having a quiet environment. Too bad so many of the kids we work with live in houses where they may share a bedroom with three siblings, or more. Where the idea of quiet time is impossible due to living with a baby, an elderly family member, or just a bunch of other kids also doing school from home. Most kids don't have a desk at home. A large portion of kids don't have somewhere all their own except their beds (and some don't even have that), and schools will still give them crap about that. One of the schools we worked with considered it a really good day when 30% of the kids showed up. There is no way I could have done virtual school as a kid. In elementary school, my family of 5 lived in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment. I shared a bedroom with two siblings and shared a bed with my sister. We were so poor we didn't have consistent power or water. My parents wouldn't have been able to pay for internet or devices for three kids. Plus both my parents worked blue collar low wage jobs, who would have watched us? In high school it would have been a bit better but my parents were divorced and my mom couldn't have done her factory job from home. Also, both my parents were abusive and would surely have been caught screaming or hitting us on zoom. I honestly try so hard not to think about what some kids must be going through right now or it would tear me apart.



Missing And Murdered Indigenous Women Hoodie


Indigenous Women  Trending Shirt This Is Season 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer The Glue Holding This 2020 Shitshow Together Shirt

Good Horse I’ve Fallen And I Can’t Giddy Up Shirt

Official Forget The Rest Class Of 2020 Is The Best Shirt