I’m Not The Stepdad I’m Just The Dad That Stepped Up T-Shirt

 

This isn’t really terrifying, but it I’m Not The Stepdad I’m Just The Dad That Stepped Up T-Shirt always gives me the creeps to hear it. It’s a video of Alessandro Moreschi, who was a Castrato singer. This is him singing in 1902, I believe, and he was in his forties. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AlessandroMoreschi-AveMaria-cleaned.ogg If you don’t know what a castrato is, basically they used to be really popular to use in opera and other genres of music way back a few centuries ago, mostly to use in place of female singers. A castrato is a male singer who has been castrated before puberty. Basically, if a young boy had a high voice in choir or something along those lines, they would be castrated while young so that they wouldn’t lose their abilities to reach the high pitches because their voices wouldn’t drop due to puberty. Honestly, the recording completely creeps me out because it was such an awful thing in the history of opera, and it’s so creepy that only a little under a hundred years ago did the last official castrato die. Thousands of boys died while being castrated or after, and this recording is absolutely haunting.


I’m Not The Stepdad I’m Just The Dad That Stepped Up Hoodie

Dad Trending Shirt This Is Season 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer The Glue Holding This 2020 Shitshow Together Shirt

Good Horse I’ve Fallen And I Can’t Giddy Up Shirt

Official Diamond Heart Flamingos Shirt